Kaya, Chris, Becky & Alexa

Monday, August 1, 2011

The end of any hope of sleeping in...

I am afraid that this morning marked the end of any hope I have of sleeping in for the foreseeable future.  Now by sleeping in I mean something on the after side of 6 am.

The last few months or so our routine - weekday or weekend has been that Kaya will usually wake up around 5am or so.  Occasionally even earlier (say 2am), but usually 5 or so-but wait, let me explain a little more, Alexa is usually a fairly heavy sleeper.  Once she is asleep she can sleep through anything.  When our fire alarm went off in the middle of the night (for some unknown reason), she barely twitched   - not just one but twice!  That is except for when she is about 30-60 minutes from when she normally wakes up - which shortly after the sun, so right now about 6 am or so.  So I do whatever I can to keep it quiet in that last magic hour or so. 

Anyway, Kaya wakes up around 5 am - even though she really does need a little more sleep, and in order to try to keep her from waking Alexa, we will cuddle for a while and put her back down in the pack and play in the guest room.  Now, she doesn't usually appreciate this, but 9 times out of 10 she goes back to sleep and doesn't wake Alexa up.  and I get a extra 30-60+ minutes of sleep.

Today, though, that all changed.  After my extra half hour or so of sleep, I open the guest room and Kaya walks out.  I should have been expecting this - a lot sooner in fact.  I think she has been climbing out of her pack and play at daycare for a month or more.  Alexa was was able to climb out of her crib at 15 months, six months younger than Kaya is now.   I should in fact be shocked it took her this long, but I was starting to hope that somehow we had the elusive, inescapable pack and play. 

Sigh............

This is really going to mess up our napping arrangements too....

No comments:

Post a Comment