Yesterday Alexa started her new preschool. She is now officially a Mini-Mustang at the Dobson High Preschool. The preschool has 20-22 (not quite sure what the final number is settling out at) three to five year-olds and in the spring semester also serves as a lab section for the high school child development classes. In the Fall semester the kids get to interact occasionally with the "big kids" that are studying child development, but in the spring I understand that the high school students will be much more involved.
I have spoken to several of the other parents, and they all rave about the school We actually discovered that one family goes to our church when both girls were in childcare during mass on Sunday. That girl is actually in her second year at the preschool. She is one day younger than Alexa and her mom is a Kindergarten teacher at another school, and her mom absolutely loves the program. I am really happy that we got into the program and very satisfied with our decision to stick with preschool for another year.
I am also very excited that they get lunch from the high school cafeteria, so I don't have to pack Alexa's lunch. One week of that was quite enough for this year.
Here are some pictures for Alexa's first morning - in case you can't tell, Alexa seems to have lost her camera shyness...
just outside the school
the school's playhouse:
The preschool garden:
The play structure:
Getting to the door:
At the Door:
Alexa's Cubby:
Reading Area:














No comments:
Post a Comment