Kaya, Chris, Becky & Alexa

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Alexa's first week of school & Kaya's Allergies (maybe)

Alexa finished her first week as a Mini-Mustang and she seems to really like the school.  She didn't have any complaints about the school she went to this summer, but she has been very excited about school all week and was quite disappointed to not have school today.  We don't get quite as much formal daily feedback on how her day went, but we haven't received any reports of problems for which I am quite relieved.

Kaya has had a strange rash-type something for about three weeks now.  If it mostly on her right leg and arm.  It is a  lot or bumps that are sometimes pretty red and other times almost normal flesh color.  Two weeks ago I took her to her doctor and he seems to believe it was an allergy to bug bites, most likely ants.  He referred us to an allergist and suggest children's benadryl and hydrocortizone cream.  We got the allergist appointment and have been following the recommendations and although after a day or two it stopped getting worse, it really hasn't gotten any better.  Luckily it doesn't really seem to bother Kaya, she doesn't scratch at it or anything, but at times it just looks so bad. :(

I am very glad that our allergist appointment is on Monday - almost here! I just finished filling out all the paperwork they post on their website.  I am a little irritated by some of the heavy handed policies they seem to have (from arrive with all your paperwork done or don't expect to be seen, to $75 for missed appointments), but I am trying to withhold judgement until I see how they treat their patients.  If their practice expects a lot from their patients but respects their time and allocates enough time to address their patient's needs, then I can make that commitment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment