Kaya, Chris, Becky & Alexa

Friday, September 17, 2010

Exciting Friday nights

It is Friday night, 10 minutes to 8pm, and as soon as I finish this post, I am going to bed. If I am lucky, I may get to sleep till 6am. Wahoo!!! Such is my exciting life.

Last Sunday we had an odd day and somehow finished dinner up around 5:30 without realizing it was so early. We decided to go with it and see if we could possibly get the girls down early. It worked pretty well and Chris and I even got to spend a little us time so we decided to commit to trying an earlier bed time for the week. I would say we have had moderate success, we have gotten Alexa into her bedroom between 6:30-7 every night and most of them Kaya was even already asleep. Once or twice Alexa woke her up, but generally she slept through whatever noise Alexa made. Alexa was still resisting going to sleep, but I would say we moved actual asleep time by at least an hour on average.

Tonight Chris had plans out, so I need to get both the girls down alone. I left Alexa finishing her fruit salad/dessert and told her after she finished she could play quietly in the living room while I put Kaya down. Alexa finished her fruit nicely and even better actually played fairly quietly as requested. Kaya got to sleep, then Alexa and I brushed her teeth and read a book. At almost exactly 7 Alexa was in bed happily but not seeming tired, but I never heard a peep and by 7:30 a was brave enough to check on her and she was out cold.

If we can keep this up it would be great - but the downside is that we completely skipped going to the gym this week, otherwise we could never have the girls eating dinner by 6 or earlier. The hope is if we can get this worked out, maybe then we will take turns going to the gym after the girls are down, but I don't know if that will work all that well. We will figure something out - one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment