Tonight Kaya was still awake in her crib when Alexa went to bed, and after a few false starts, both of them went to sleep. Yeah!!
First Kaya (of course) started screaming and I just kissed them both and left, closing the door. We could hear Alexa saying something but we just decided to see what would happen. a couple minutes later all seemed quiet so I went to listed at the door and I could hear Alexa talking, so I (unfortunately) assumed she had gotten up and was playing with Kaya. I barged in to find both girls laying in their won beds nicely - dang it!! I talked to Alexa, told her I was proud of her and she did such a good job calming Kaya down - and did she think she could do it again?
So I kissed them both again and left. Kaya starts screaming again, but probably only a minute or two. Then a few minutes later, Kaya starts up again, and the door opens with Alexa coming out to tell me that she had calmed Kaya down again - well I guess she is right that she *had*. Alexa went back to bed and after maybe 30 seconds all was calm. That was maybe an hour ago, so I call that a breakthrough!! Until now, whenever they were in the same room and Kaya was crying, Alexa would just start yelling at her to stop crying. I am so proud of her!
No comments:
Post a Comment