Kaya, Chris, Becky & Alexa

Saturday, July 2, 2011

What else is going on...

I just reviewed my most recent posts and realized I shared a lot about signing and preschool but not much else.

Alexa - in June Alexa took a Ballet Folklorico class and I have some photos and a video or two to post when I get them off my phone. I thought she really enjoyed it, but it ended on a little of a sour note and right now she wants to try something else. Chris and Alexa are trying to find a martial arts studio nearby where they can both take lessons. Alexa is really interested in Karate and we are hoping that it may give her some structure and help her develop some discipline.

Alexa did test into Kindergarten, but we are still trying to decide if she is really ready for all day kindergarten this year. We will have to see if she settles into school here in the next few weeks.

Alexa doesn't have any particularly strong interests right now. She has not entirely given up on Tinker Bell, but has eased up on that obsession quite a bit. He absolute favorite television show is "Shark Men" but doesn't seem too interested in sharks outside of the show. He only other main interest I can think of right now is dinosaurs.


Kaya - Other than her vocabulary, Kaya's right on track or ahead on her development. Her teeth were slow coming in, but now she has caught up and has her eight front teeth (four each top and bottom) and her first four molars - with a nice big gap. Unfortunately, like her sister, she has absolutely no space between adjacent teeth, so we have gotten a much earlier start on flossing her teeth. I am actually very impressed at how well it is going. Unfortunately, I can foresee braces in both Alexa and Kaya's futures. Oh well, they will survive.

Anyway, I guess that is enough for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment