Kaya, Chris, Becky & Alexa

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Baby Teeth

Kaya has had just 6 teeth since around Christmas, four on the top and two on the bottom. This morning I just discovered that she has gotten one bottom molar in pretty much all the way and one top molar is just coming in and the other top molar seems like maybe it is coming.

From my reading Kaya's teeth are coming in a little slower than average, usually it seems that kids have 8 teeth by their first birthday, their first molars by around 13 months and 16 teeth by 16 months. Kaya is 16.5 months now and has 7 going on 8 (maybe 9) teeth. Also, typically the bottom two lateral incisors would have come in before the molars but we will just keep an eye on that. I still have two baby teeth (second molars) because the permanent teeth never formed to replace them. I wonder if Kaya has the same thing and maybe that might cause the baby teeth to come in out of order...

No comments:

Post a Comment